I’m back. October is kicking my butt.
I have had the craziest fall, and unfortunately the blog has suffered as a result! I need to be better about developing a blog cadence. Are you impressed my social media lingo?
So much has happened in the past few days, I’m going to bullet this. Apologies for being lazy, but it is Monday afterall.
- Last Wednesday was FW’s actual birthday, and I cooked! Pause for gasp. Yes, I really did. I made spaghetti & meatballs with caprese salad to start. The meatballs were a tad overcooked (let’s blame the stove) but FW said they were delicious. Now pause for applause.
- I threw a little party for FW’s 30th Birthday this weekend – woot woot! Everyone seemed to have fun. I took zero pictures because I was too busy schmoozing and drinking. I regretted the latter yesterday.
- I saw Yoko Ono last week and I felt both excited and angry. She played a role in the break up the Beatles; I can’t help but play the blame game.
|Her signature hat and John Lennon sunglasses.|
- I ran 7.5 miles on Saturday and I was SO happy! My ankle was a trooper; I could feel it at the end of the run, but nothing that required me to stop and it didn’t linger. It felt great to push it for that long; I’ve so missed that feeling!
- I need to work on my splits. The breakdown for this weekend was as follows: 9:13/8:46/9:11/9:00/8:57/8:47/9:02/8:32. Overall: 8:57. Although not as fast as I used to be, I was pleased overall. But my splits need to be more consistent and I’d like to get to the point where I run negative splits. It’s a good goal to work towards.
Okay, I think that’s enough blabber for now. If you’re still reading, good work. This was a messy one.