I have a few updates for you:
1) This morning, after writing “You Are the New Sexy”, I came across this blog post about the “Strong is the New Skinny” campaign. I found it quite insightful, and her defense for the slogan makes sense. In her mind, “strong” transcends body types; it is a characteristic independent of shape. I like her take on it. However, I’m not sure everyone interprets the slogan that way. Thoughts?
2) My very wise sister CQ told me she thinks I need to embrace salad for lunch (she is right). Here is what she had to say about lunch:
Needless to say, I listen to every word she says. And her salads sound delicious, don’t they? I’m going to give it a try. She is going to send me more salad combos she enjoys, so I’ll be sure to share them. Thanks CQ!
3) Ankle: I am thoroughly enjoying walking around sans crutches! Having two hands free and walking with two feet (albeit slowly) is incredible. I will never take that for granted again. I am surprised, though, at how tired and weak I am. I mean, I shouldn’t be: I have not walked more than four blocks since March 21st (we will pretend I didn’t take that long walk on Sunday). I have NO muscles. Dislike. I’m mentally storing all my motivation and enthusiasm in a jar so that I can really kill it when I’m back to exercising. I can’t wait for that day!
4) Have you all discovered Broccoli Slaw? I might be late to the party, but it is amazing.
You can eat it raw, roast it, put it on salads…I’m obsessed. You can get a big bag of it (Dole’s) for about $2.99.
5) Check out Daft Punk’s new album. “Get Lucky” is awesome sauce.
Happy Hump Day!